Economy🌐 Available in EnglishJune 28, 2026

Mideast Fighting Widens With Attacks on Bahrain, Hormuz Tanker - WSJ

Mideast Fighting Widens With Attacks on Bahrain, Hormuz Tanker - WSJ
Wall Street Journal
W
Wall Street Journal
Original Source

The Strait of Hormuz saw renewed clashes as Bahrain reported drone attacks from Iran and a tanker was struck on Saturday, marking the third consecutive day of escalation despite a U.S.-Iran agreement signed earlier this month. While Tehran denied direct responsibility, its Revolutionary Guard claimed credit for strikes against American targets and reasserted control over the strategic waterway.

Mideast Fighting Widens With Attacks on Bahrain, Hormuz Tanker - WSJ

* What to Read Next
* Most Popular News
* Most Popular Opinion
* Recommended Videos

The Wall Street Journal

SubscribeSign In

* Use Alt + Down Arrow to expand.
* Print Edition
* Video
* Audio
* Latest Headlines
* Puzzles
*

* World
* Business
* U.S.
* Politics
* Economy
* Tech
* Markets & Finance
* Opinion
* Free Expression
* Arts
* Lifestyle
* Real Estate
* Personal Finance
* Health
* Style
* Sports

Advertisement

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. Distribution and use of this material are governed by
our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. For non-personal use or to order multiple copies, please contact
Dow Jones Reprints at 1-800-843-0008 or visit www.djreprints.com.

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/mideast-fighting-widens-with-attacks-on-bahrain-hormuz-tanker-30a313a8

1. World
2. Middle East

Mideast Fighting Widens With Attacks on Bahrain, Hormuz Tanker

Tit-for-tat violence extends biggest flare-up under Trump’s new agreement with Iran

By

Benoit Faucon

,

Lara Seligman

and Saleh al-Batati

Updated

June 27, 2026 10:19 amET

---

!Vessels at the Strait of Hormuz, seen from Musandam, Oman.

*Vessels at the Strait of Hormuz on Friday, as seen from Oman.

Reuters*

Bahrain said it came under attack from Iranian drones, and a tanker was hit Saturday while crossing the Strait of Hormuz, as fighting around the strategic waterway extended into a third day despite the agreement signed earlier this month to wind down the U.S.-Iran war.

Iran didn’t specifically claim responsibility for the attacks. But state media said the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps had carried out strikes against American targets in the region and reasserted Iran’s claim of control over traffic in the strait.

Copyright ©2026 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Continue reading your article with
a WSJ subscription

Subscribe Now

Already a subscriber? Sign In

---

Videos

Advertisement

---

Most Popular News

---

Most Popular

OPINION

---

Recommended Videos

Advertisement

🔗 Share Article

Tags:#إيران#البحرين#مضيق هرمز#الخليج العربي#الصراع الأمريكي الإيراني#الناقلات النفطية

For Context

Related reads from the same topic or latest developments