International🌐 Available in EnglishAugust 23, 2026

Israeli forces open fire on Palestinians across West Bank in separate incidents

Israeli forces open fire on Palestinians across West Bank in separate incidents
Middle East Eye
M
Middle East Eye
Original Source

Israeli forces opened fire on Palestinians in separate incidents across the occupied West Bank, killing a 14-year-old boy and injuring another man. Palestinian officials stated the shootings occurred without justified cause.

The Israeli army said it apprehended a 16-year-old Palestinian suspected of stabbing an Israeli on Sunday in Al-Auja in the occupied West Bank.

Hani Najum, the head of the Al-Auja village council, told AFP that "the Israeli army raided the village, deployed in its streets," and imposed a curfew.

The same day, the Israeli army opened fire at a Palestinian man whom it said attempted "to steal a weapon from an IDF soldier" near the Palestinian town of Taybeh, northeast of Ramallah, saying he was "neutralised."

The Palestinian man, named Aws Akram Maatan, from the village of Burqa in Ramallah, suffered an injury to his foot and was taken to a Jerusalem hospital for treatment.

The head of the Burqa village council, Sayel Kanaan, said in a statement that Maatan had been shot "without justification."

The two incidents occurred the same day that Israel's military also shot and killed a 14-year-old Palestinian teenager, Islam Ahmad Maher Ajouri, in the chest, in the Askar refugee camp outside Nablus in the north of the occupied West Bank.

"There were no clashes or confrontations that would justify shooting a child and killing him," Mohammed Abu Kashk, head of the Askar camp services committee, told AFP.

🔗 Share Article

Tags:#الضفة الغربية#الاحتلال الإسرائيلي#فلسطين#حقوق الإنسان#العنف#الأطفال

For Context

Related reads from the same topic or latest developments